Cleansing Spring Soup
Green pea, watercress, lime and avocado soup
- 1 cup of peas
- 1/4 avocado (large)
- Large handful of watercress roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Small handful of mint, finely chopped
- Small handful of basil, finely chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil Salt and pepper
- Natural Yoghurt
Green peas provide a good source of carbohydrates and contain high amounts of Vitamin-K, which assists in maintaining strong bones. The leafy green watercress also has potent anti-cancer effects and contains high amounts of lutein, beneficial for healthy eyes.
- Place the peas in a medium saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring up to the boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until cooked.
- Drain (reserving some of the cooking water) and pour into the PREPSTAR food processor. Using the chopping blade, process on Speed 2 until smooth.
- Add the avocado, watercress, lime zest and juice, mint, basil and olive oil together with the peas and season with salt and pepper; process on Speed 2.
- Continue processing whilst slowly adding reserved cooking water until you reach the desired consistency.
- Serve with micro-greens or extra herbs and a dollop of natural yoghurt and drizzle with a little bit of extra virgin olive-oil.