Did you know that your slow cooker is not only great for hearty stews and winter casseroles, but is also capable of cooking delicious desserts?!
The 6.5L capacity makes your slow cooker the perfect tool when hosting a dinner party or larger family gathering. The best part about using your slow cooker for dessert is, it’s ready to serve hot, straight after dinner!
We found this great Slow Cooker Sticky Date Pudding recipe on Taste.
Equipment: Morphy Richards 6.5L Slow Cooker
- 1 ¼ Cups self-raising flour
- 1 ½ Cups brown sugar
- 2/3 Cup milk
- 1 Egg
- 50g Butter melted, plus 25g extra chopped
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 200g Fresh pitted dates
- 2 Cups boiling water
- Double cream or ice-cream to serve
- Spray inside of slow-cooker bowl.
- Combine flour & ½ cup sugar in a large bowl. Whisk milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla in a jug until combined. Pour over flour mixture and stir until smooth. Stir through dates. Pour into prepared slow cooker bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Dot with extra butter. Gently pour over boiling water. Cook, covered, on high for 1 hour 40 minutes or until a crust forms and top springs back when pressed with finger.
- Turn off slow cooker. Stand pudding, uncovered, in bowl for 10 minutes. Serve warm with cream or ice-cream.
Do you currently use your slow cooker for desserts? We’d love to hear what you’ve made!
Recipe & image courtesy of: